Sunday, April 6, 2008

First Time and the Last Time


Whoa. I just pulled myself back from the ledge after watching the second half of the NCAA Women's Final Four Semifinal between Tennessee and LSU. For those of you getting ready to X out of this page, I plan to never speak of Women's basketball again here. It was probably the worst half of basketball that I have ever witnessed in my life. And I come from a high school where our boy's team consistently finishes the year with a stellar 4-16 record(I didn't really help the cause either). Aside from the unattractive players and fans at the game, the foul shooting didn't help ease my pain. At one point Tennessee was 2-7 and LSU was 5-17 from the line, Shaq would laugh at these stats. Living in Connecticut, I am surrounded by people who believe that women's basketball is something to behold, and sadly, this includes my father. Mostly older men who have lost their way with mainstream sports, a majority divorced living on their own, have gravitated to women's basketball for some crazy reason. And excluding maybe Candace Parker or another former tennessee player whose name I can't remember, they can't be watching for the women. Stupid fouls, ugly shots, and for god sakes there's no 10 second backcourt count? Are you kidding me? I'm not a hockey fan, but ESPN, please bring back the NHL and dump this garbage....

No comments: